Jenny's Token Tournament

Proposal: Have a governance vote/votes for the winning token of the tournament to replace the incentive pool for the 1Maggot-Viper Pool.

The reason why I believe this is a good idea is because it illustrates the power that creating a token on TJ has and can lead to the token having more utilization outside of its original function which gives Harmony users more reasons to use TJ dapp to create a token themselves. The current allocation of the 1Maggot-Viper pool that it will be replacing is .06911%. The reason why I think it should replace this pool and not others is because it is not a huge allocation that people will dump other pools over but still a nice reward for the winning community. To put the rewards in prespective with the current x8 emmisions, the current apr is 657% per year with 11,300 TVL at the time of this post. This pool emits about 239 viper minted in total per day (.0055 per block).

According to 0xViper, he would prefer for voting for pool changes that there should be two different votes. One being to remove a pool and another to add a pool. I am not sure if this applies to this situation as well since the allocation is very minimal compared to the rest, however I am willing to have two votes being done if we have to in order to get this done. If people agree with me on voting on this proposal, lets make the voting happen so we can demonstrate the uses of VenomDao!

7 Likes

I think this is a great idea that should be explored. I’d vote “yes” to exploring the possibility.

3 Likes

This sounds awesome. That’s a hell of a secondary reward.

3 Likes

Great idea. We will certainly take a look at it.

3 Likes

Oof, might have to extend the tournament if this gets any entertainment.

Kent you stay making good suggestions. Thanks for writing this up!

1 Like

Since VenomDAO doesn’t have a launchpad for new projects yet, we can use the emission alongside our partnership with JennyToken as a temporary solution.

I think this will further incentivize people to start their own tokens and launch their project on ViperSwap, thereby increasing the fees for the ViperPit.

1 Like

I love it and look forward to the vote

1 Like